Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pronger's eye injury & Jagr and Hartnell's 2 goals

TY to over ---810,000 readers--- of my Yahoo Sports, Interview and News articles since 2/1/11.http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/977720/sean_obrien.html

Flyers -

Two goals by two Flyers would generally make for a good story. But, not last night.

Wow, was that scary. Seeing Chris Pronger leaving the ice screaming after he was hit around, or on, his eye against the Maple Leafs.

I felt particularly bad because I had just been with him less than a month ago.

I interviewed Pronger in the Flyers' locker room after practice in Voorhees.

While he is a very physically imposing presence, he is also a good guy to talk with.

The man truly seemed like he was healthy and ready to skate into the new season.

I thought last night about also interviewing Bernie Parent a year ago. He told me that his vision was restored through surgery.

Increased equipment protection must be imposed in the NHL. The lives of these men matter too much.

Follow me on Twitter @SeanyOB

Click on one, or more, of my Yahoo news articles below:






Click on one, or more, of my Yahoo sports articles below:









No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Labels