Monday, November 28, 2011

Eagles notes + Flyers (Inside Access) Part 3

TY to over ---910,000 readers--- of my Yahoo Sports, Interview and News articles since 2/1/11. http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/977720/sean_obrien.html


Eagles - 


A tough loss to the New England Patriots means the Eagles have to win out to possibly make the playoffs. 


It's never over...but...well. 


Flyers - (Inside access)


Continuing with my notes about what it's like to cover a Flyers game from the press level:

In the hours leading up to the game at the stadium we basically prepare as anyone does for their job. We set up our computers, look through the stats that are provided to us, review relevant online information and begin to build the framework of our stories.

Eating before the game is an enjoyable experience as you are surrounded by the members of the media that are seen during the game and in the bylines later.

It reminds me of my time with the Red Barons in Scranton back in the 1990s. At that time, in my position as one of the team's PR people we would facilitate the media's role in helping to promote our product, which was baseball.

I've found that the hockey world is very similar. While the game is a different one, the overall atmosphere is the same: a large event is about to unfold and we are a part of it.

Next time inside access will take you through the game, as it happened.

Follow me on Twitter @SeanyOB

Click on one, or more, of my Yahoo news articles below:






Click on one, or more, of my Yahoo sports articles below:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Labels