Saturday, November 12, 2011

Penn State, Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno and reality

TY to over ---860,000 readers--- of my Yahoo Sports, Interview and News articles since 2/1/11. http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/977720/sean_obrien.html


Penn State - 


I graduated from University Park in the spring of 1990.

I remember Joe Paterno as the person who stood outside of the Forum and said hello to all of us as we went into Sunday afternoon Mass.

I also remember only going to one football game each season. I never had more than $50, or so, in the bank back then. I didn't have a lot of money and would regularly sell my student ticket at it's $5 face value to one of my friends who would use it for a family member, or for another friend of theirs.


It was a decision that a number of other 'wise' roomies just couldn't accept back then. I never explained my financial situation to them, as I knew it wasn't really their place to question me about it. But, these were college-age people who weren't exactly mature and are looked back upon as an okay bunch of characters.


That $5, approximately $50 that I earned through a work-study job on campus and $2 that my Mom would send me in an envelope per week, all helped to pay my bills.

Everyone does things within their own lives that are not always explained to the complete satisfaction of other people. There is a certain personality type who believes it is a right to second-guess the lives of others. In actuality they are only an authority about their own lives.

If you put these people into their place, they will often lash out even further. Neutralize, or avoid, those adults who behave this way toward you whenever possible during your entire life. Unless you are a criminal, they are no better than you. No better.

I don't know what I would have done if I were Joe Paterno and experienced all of the events that he did over the years. And I don't feel it is my place to throw my opinion into the world about him in particular.

This isn't some football game to be chewed over and I only hear self-righteous hypocrites bashing him now. It is possible to hold a private idea about what someone should have done without openly expressing it.

There are some things that I know:

Jerry Sandusky is the person who is charged with these awful crimes. The beginning, middle and end of these problems all surround him.

He was, is and will be held responsible for his own actions.

Follow me on Twitter @SeanyOB

Click on one, or more, of my Yahoo news articles below:






Click on one, or more, of my Yahoo sports articles below:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Labels