Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Penn State: Sandusky is jailed - that's the story

TY to over ---950,000 readers--- of my Yahoo Sports, Interview and News articles since 2/1/11. http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/977720/sean_obrien.html


Penn State: 
The arrest and jailing of Jerry Sandusky on new charges keeps the focus where it should be.

Yes, we all understand that people in the Penn State bureaucracy are tied to the aftermath of Sandusky's actions. Let's never forget that his actions caused this entire situation.

It's easy for anyone who wasn't involved to say what they would have done. I know I have those same thoughts. But every person's reaction to what Sandusky did is simply a thought about the past.

Monday morning quarterback

Here's the thing: All of the Penn State people, whose names intentionally won't be mentioned in this post, aren't and never were bigger-than-life figures. They are people, just like you and me.

Everyone reacted and responded with whatever the force of their character allowed. I have a feeling that almost everyone who has questioned whether others should have done more to stop Sandusky have never been in a similar position and never will be.

In real life there are heroes on one end of the spectrum, there are cowards at the other and then there is everyone else in between.

Follow me on Twitter @SeanyOB

Click on one, or more, of my Yahoo news articles below:

It shattered the window!

The best car that I ever owned




Click on one, or more, of my Yahoo sports articles below:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Labels